Wednesday 7 September 2011

Kaarobar

‘Bas Sahib Daal Roti chaal jaati hati’

I hurriedly rushed to my car to buy some hardware material for which these carpenters were eating my head every 10 minutes - screws, bolts, nails blah blah blah……..
Cherry on cake is my car’s flat tire. I replaced punctured tire with the spare one and moved to Sec. 40 market. I dropped punctured tire at puncture vala’s shop who asked me to come after 30 minutes to pick it up. I then moved to Jharsa market for my hardware items and within half an hour I was back to puncture vala but he did not even touched my job.
But I was touched by his manners and etiquettes.
“Yaar tune abhi tak mera kaam nahi kiya, adhe ghante se upaar ho geya hai” I asked him with little anger.
“Sorry Sir, wo uncle thodi jaldi mein thhe iss liye unka scooter pehle karne lag geya. Bus 2 minute aur”
And within 2 minutes he was on my job. I have a small conversation with him in hindi which I am translating here in English.
“What’s your good name?” I asked him to start my conversation.
“Delip Soni” He answered to the point.
On his response I thought he might not be interested in talking so I sit silently on the cement pole placed aside his thela. He was talking with his friend and they are cursing his previous job. I noticed that this puncture vala was quite good at English also. I couldn’t control my curiosity and again I ping him.
“How much do you earn?”
“Daal Roti chal jaati hai sahib” He took a long pause “At least job se to achha hai Apna Karobaar karna”
“Ya, owning a business is always better than a job either it’s big or small” I agree him as I always want to be an entrepreneur instead of working in a company.
“Han Sir, apni marzi se kaam karta hun. . . Apni marzi se chhuti marta hun. . . Azaadi ki zindagi jeeta hun” He seems to be proud of his work, which we people are usually not whatever may be the earnings or whatever may be the job.
“Where are you from……? I mean which place do you belong to?” I just wanted to pass my time. He was working on my car’s tire and I was entertaining him.
“Vaise to main patna se belong karta hun. . . . Aur abhi yahan sainipura gaon mein rehta hun……family vagera sab yahin hai ab to……..”
“You have not checked it by dipping it into the water?” I asked him as he started filling puncture.
“Sir, 20 saal ho gaye hain iss line mein ab to itna experience ho geya hai k ek baar hath ferne se pata chal jata hai puncture ka…….”
“20 saal………. What’s your age?” I was amazed because he looks just to be 20-22 years of age.
“36 sir……Kyun, meri twacha se meri umaar ka pata hi nahi chalta……”
“Really…. You look so young”
“20 -22 saal to sir iss business mein ho gaye hain mujhe……. Ek dukan 31 sec. mein hai meri aur ek yahan agge T-Point pe……… Din ka 1000-1100 Rs. kama leta hun………”
He told me that he had done his graduation in Arts which is evident from his etiquettes and language as his English pronunciation was better than his counterparts. He worked in HSBC bank in transport dept. for few months then left that job, to expand his business.
I was quite amazed and was thinking about him while coming back home that even a puncture vala was earning Rs. 30000 PM in Gurgaon and still he says “Daal Roti chal jaati hai sahib”

1 comment:

  1. sounds gud n amazing; this puncture wala is better than us.. May GOD flourish his business n give all of us courage to do sumthng of our own...

    ReplyDelete