Thursday 8 December 2011

The Monk Sold His Ferrari for us


It’s the best inspirational book among all I read and I think it’s a must read by everyone. If you don’t have much time to read this book then I have penned down few lessons it taught us……


  • Everything happens for a reason.
  • I can’t love you if I cannot love me.
  • When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
  • Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make.
  • I am an artist at living – my work of art is my life. (Suzuki)
  • Your I can is more important than your I.Q.
  • With one eye fixed on the destination, there is only one left to guide you along the journey.
  • Find out what you truly love to do and then direct all your energy towards doing it.
  • Everything is always created twice, first in mind and then in reality.
  • Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Einstein)
  • There is nothing noble about being superior to some other person. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. Run your own race.
  • Every second you spend thinking about someone else’s dreams you take time away from your own.
  • Only those who seek shall find.
  • He who serves the most reaps the most.
  • The purpose of life is a life of purpose.
  • If you can’t laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?
  • Never regret what has happened in the past.
  • Kaizen – This Japanese word means constant and never ending improvement.
  • Life favors the prepared mind.
  • I am more than I appear to be, all the world’s strength and power rests inside me.
  • Life is too short to make every mistake on your own. Try to learn from others mistakes often.
  • The Ten Rituals of Radiant Living –
  1. Ritual of Solitude – ensure to include a mandatory period of peace in daily schedule
  2. Ritual of physicality – As you train your body, train your mind also
  3. Ritual of Live Nourishment – Good Diet
  4. Ritual of Abundant Knowledge – Knowledge is power
  5. Ritual of  Personal Reflection – Know yourself (Your Talent)
  6. Ritual of sunbath – Wakeup early
  7. Ritual of Music
  8. Ritual of the Spoken Word – Mantras work
  9. Ritual of a Congruent Character – Take daily, incremental action to build your character
  10. Ritual of Simplicity
An A4 printout of these lessons is gracing my office cubicle. It will be great if I will be able to implement few of them in my life.
Thanks Mr. Robin S. Sharma

1 comment:

  1. yes ofcourse i read d buk n luved this buk... well written n well published..
    May GOD gives all of us strength n paitence to follow all these things...

    ReplyDelete