Wednesday 25 April 2012

FUn on the RUn

Last week, it’s been a long travel from Patiala to Gurgaon, for 300Kms it took me 11 hours. The bus I was traveling had a break down near karnal, and we made to wait for hours to get it operational. Had nothing much to do so I was wandering here and there on the road in dark surroundings when my eye balls stuck at a quote written behind our bus ‘Sarr na rees kar’ – Don’t be jealous, follow me.

I was little surprised because usually such quotes are found written on trucks and the funny part was what this bus wanted others to follow. That quote took me to a roll down the memory track. One of my friends had a serious accident while she was trying to read a long quote written behind a truck; the truck suddenly put on brakes and she rammed her activa in it. Later on she told me she had a habit of reading quotes written on vehicles, quite funny but from that day onward even I try to read all the quotes written on trucks and other vehicles.

I tried to re-collect such quotes. The most common one is the same that was written on our bus ‘Sarr na rees kar’ there are few more which are quite famous in india like

‘buri nazar vale tera bhi bhala’
‘nazran layenga jutti khayenga’
‘Uddi chal morniye’
And my favorite is ‘Main bada ho ke truck banunga’ which I read written behind a ‘Tata 407’ a mini truck.

Not only these truck valas but even the NHAI – National Highway Authority of India is quite innovative in chalking out quotes for the road safety.

‘Speed is a knife that cuts life’
‘Be Mr. Late than Late Mr.’

BRO – Border Road Organization, a unit of Indian army which deals with construction of roads which lead to Indian borders, is also pioneering in this regard; their quotes are even more sensual. Few of them I found very interesting which I read during my Leh-Ladakh visit.

‘Be gentle on my curves’
‘Don’t be a gama, in the land of Lama
‘I am curvaceous, be slow’
‘Darling, I like you. But not your speed’

It’s been more than two hours I was running through my memory lane and counted numerous such quotes; but our bus was still not in favor of moving forward, so I decided to move on with another options – a lift from a bike then to a local bus for Karnal then got a bus to Delhi, waited at ISBT for an hour and then got a bus for Gurgaon that too jam packed; at last I reached my destination at around 2:00 in the morning. A hectic journey but my love for the quotes continued during that tough voyage also.

Try it out, I am sure you will enjoy it and it will definitely make your boring bus journeys bit interesting.

2 comments: