Friday 23 March 2012

Rang De Basanti


While getting ready for the office in the morning I watched TV news channels for almost an hour. The headlines were ‘Sachin is not retiring yet’, ‘CAG report on Coal scam was false’, ‘Asia cup went to Pakistan’ Bla Bla Bla…… Not even single news about the great Martyrs Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev. Yes, it’s 23rd March today; 81 years ago these brave freedom fighters sacrificed their life for the country, for us. But it seems, we Indians don’t even bother to remember those pure souls.

This reminds me of an event which occurred few years ago. 23rd March 2006, our college organized a debate on the topic ‘India needs Bhagat Singh or Gandhi’. That day was celebrated as ‘Rang de Basanti’ day. First I thought to participate in it, but because of my shy nature or you can say my laziness somehow I didn’t participate. But I decided to attend that debate, before that I had not been to any such event, as a pure mechanical engineering students we kept our distance from every such thing related to study.

Before going there I was sure that votes will go in favor of Bhagat Singh, may be its because I am a great fan of him. But what I found there was totally different. Out of 17 participants only 5 were in favor of Bhagat Singh and the rest were in favor of Gandhi. I was completely shocked not because they didn’t think like me but because they didn’t know the ideology of the Revolutionaries like Bhagat Singh, Chandershekhar, Kartar singh Sarabha. 


Why blame these young students for not knowing about those Revolutionaries when there were many great personalities like M.K.Gandhi who totally misunderstood these freedom fighters. No doubt M.K.Gandhi did lots good for Indian freedom, but he did a big mistake in understanding Bhagat Singh and his thoughts. You will be clear about this once you study the history records of past conversations of Mr. Gandhi with Irwin & others about the Delhi pact and many more.

I think he (M.K.Gandhi) was not a thorough patriot as Bhagat Singh and his comarades, but a great politician, more precisely a kathputli of politics played by other congress leaders like Jawahar Lal Nehru. I don’t think that Politics and Patriotism can go side by side. These are totally different traits. May be there are people who wouldn’t agree to me. Actually I am also not clear about it.

I am not clear about the words Politician and patriot. Can a Patriot be a politician???? Yes’ of course  if the person’s like Bhagat Singh were given a chance to lead a nation they definitely would have been gone a long way to bring their nation not only nation the whole of  the mankind to a level which any human life deserve.

The problem with me and every youth of India is whenever we hear the word ‘politics’ a negative image comes out in front of us automatically. This is not our fault, infact we are seeing and hearing about all these stories of our bad politicians from our childhood. I know there are few good one also. But those few good things of few good politicians are buried down under many bad things of many bad politicians. There are many many negative things about India and Indian system but the need of the time is to find solutions of these problems. Everybody is worried about these problems but no body is concerned. The one’s who are concerned they are also not doing anything or can’t do anything.

India can only hope to get some good politicians in future. It’s tough but may be the one’s with ideologies of Bhagat Singh. In my view India needs Bhagat Singh now, it’s been more than 60 years but there is nothing fruitful by the so called Gandhiism Politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment