Thursday 6 September 2012

e-kabootar

We were in Sector 31 Market for some evening snacks. I parked my car and was waiting for Neiha who was busy in shifting her stuff underneath front seats to keep it away from the onlookers’ vision (She is so conscious about all this after her car was stolen a year back). Anyway, I was looking around when my hallucination was controlled by a big Text board on one of the road side electric poles.
Amazing, isn’t it? After a moment we both were reading and laughing at it. We moved to OM sweets, and our talks were all concentrated on this board only. I don’t know why but this proposal style took me twenty years back to Sooraj Barjatya’s ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’; remember that song “Kabootar Ja Ja Ja”? Those were the times when people used that sweet little bird for their ‘pyaar ka izhaar’; some love-fanatics even used their blood on that tiny piece of paper to show off their madness. I think that mode of conveying love through paper sheets or cards had the longest life span.
Then came the audacious way of proposing, face to face. Some times it ends on a happy note and some times with a five finger mark on the cheek. All these forms of conveying love messages are still alive (hoping that kabootars are still used as post masters in some hidden part of the world). But most of the present day aashiqs took a more convenient e-path. In todays tech-savvy time when everything from shopping to real estate to matrimony to jobs is available on internet; why should our love birds be remain intact to the old love letter styles.  Now a days thousands of love stories starts daily through e-kabootars like G-talk, Yahoo-messenger, Facebook. Why to go far, even my own love story started from Orkut and you know the results; so this method is also successful ;)

But still in this fast paced e-world, I believe ‘out of the box’ proposals like the one I mentioned above have high rate of success; that’s another thing that they require lot of time and efforts, but I think your ‘love of the life’ deserves that much.

So guys keep inventing and keep the spirit of love alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment