Wednesday 19 September 2012

It's impossible not to love PARIS

‘Beware of the pickpockets’ ‘Metro Trains are too crowded’ ‘You will have to be in queue for hours to get to the top of Eiffel Tower’ ‘French people are arrogant’ These were the words which my friends and colleagues shared with me, when I told them that I am planning a trip to Paris. But yes, they have already been there & so will I.

Before even going to Paris I started hating that city a bit, believe me I even thought to cancel my bookings. And that feeling of ‘Not-liking’ was strengthened by the ‘not so polite’ first French guy I talked to on the French soil at metro station information centre. As I moved towards my Metro-Train the litter around and sleeping beggars in the narrow alleys of metro station braced that bad Paris image further and believe me Delhi metro is the best among all I have traveled till now. Then that first look of Eiffel Tower from the Trocadero square was like ‘what is so special in this humongous telephone tower look-alike metallic structure?’
That feeling of not-liking Paris ends here. Once you spend time on and around Eiffel, you fall in love with it. The marvelous piece of engineering and that too built 200 years ago will engulf you in its charismatic beauty. The beautiful arcs of the base and then the mesmerizing view of the Paris city from the top of it is just mind blowing, at last you will end up admiring its exquisiteness for hours. The best part is- we reached Eiffel early morning, so it saved us from long queues. Even after spending long hours there, it was difficult to leave and move on to our next destination. In the afternoon we had some rest in our cozy ibis Hotel and then moved out to explore other popular places.

We saw some of the places we had read or heard about and discovered that all those were even more beautiful, much more exciting than I had ever thought. I am not an admirer of art or poetry or architecture, but that’s the beauty of Paris – you will fall in love with everything it gives you, whether its paintings & sculptures of Louvre or Picasso museum, architectures of centuries old churches or just the pigeons around (they are so friendly). If you love just to drift around like me then Paris is the best city in the world for a drifter. You go to any road or small gully it has its own charm. Don’t miss a coffee break on any roadside cafĂ©, you will just love to sit and see the people going around.
 At night the city spells even more. You will admire every place you see during the day and I bet you will be awestruck seeing the same place in lights, be it Eiffel or any other structure. The markets live up to their romantic reputation; group of youngsters singing and dancing at every corner, romantic couples spilling all their emotions in open and long slender legs of beautiful fashion conscious French girls will always ask for more approbation.
Two days are too short for a city like Paris, you need at least a week if you want to see Paris; and if you fancy knowing Paris then I wonder even a life time is not enough.

1 comment:

  1. wow man... by reading all this, i m feeling myself in paris... thanks 4 this info dude...
    u shud go to Venice also befor it 'll sink into water... similarly u ll luv that city also...

    ReplyDelete